Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Who Is Brian Jackson?

Who Is Brian Jackson?

Editor’s Note: Flash communications and marketing intern extraordinaire Ashley Dawson recently caught up with Brian Jackson, the Utah Flash’s first-round selection in the recent NBA Development League Expansion Draft.

-Brian Jackson is a laid back guy from Oregon who drives a Ford F-150 pickup truck, likes to hunt and dreams of playing in the NBA.

-Brian Jackson was a Chicago Bulls fan while growing up.

-Brian Jackson loves football and says Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre is his inspiration. “I just love the way he plays and his attitude.”

-Brian Jackson considers being a part of back-to-back state basketball championships in high school one of his greatest achievements.

-Brian Jackson played his college basketball at Oregon State and has spent the last two years in the NBA D-League with the Arkansas RimRockers.



Chris Covatta/NBAE/Getty Images


Following is the transcript from that conversation between Jackson and Dawson.

AD: Are you looking forward to playing with the Flash and are you excited about being affiliated with the Utah Jazz and Boston Celtics?
BJ: “I played in the league last year and having the Lakers involved was a really good thing. But I think that having the Jazz so close will be beneficial because somebody will be watching you all the time and you will get noticed. You don’t want to get stuck somewhere to far out of the way.”

AD: What do you personally want to improve on this year?
BJ: “Outside shooting and rebounding, but the goal is to get to the NBA, so whatever they think I need to work on to make me a better player.”

AD: The book on you is also that you are a fearless defender and don’t mind going weak side to take a charge? Would you agree with that? If so, what do you attribute that to?
BJ: “Oh yes, I agree with that. The way I look at it is you never know how long you will be playing. So you might as well sacrifice your body and take it seriously, because you could have it much worse. You could be over in Iraq getting shot at.”

AD: Having played your college basketball at Oregon State, what would it mean to be back out West playing again?
BJ: “It will be much better. I like it out west. It’s a lot closer to home and more of what I am used to. I’m not really a big fan of some other places that I’ve had to play the past couple years. I am looking forward to the new scenery.”

AD: If it worked out that they both signed with the league, what would it be like to play with Roger Powell and James Lang again?
BJ: “It would be great and fun. I’ve known Roger since last year and James for a couple years now and he is a funny guy. It would be great to play together again.”

AD: How do you prepare for a game?
BJ: “I usually eat chicken, fish, or pasta. Then I take a nap and shower, leave for the game and then shoot around.”

AD: What is your least favorite exercise?
BJ: “Running lines. I hate running lines.”

AD: What is your most treasured possession?
BJ: “My family.”

AD: How many brothers/sisters do you have?
BJ: “I have 2 younger sisters.”

AD: Are you married? Single? Kids?
BJ: “Single.”

AD: What makes you mad?
BJ: “People who cut me off on the road. That is one of my biggest pet peeves.”

AD: What makes you happy?
BJ: “When things go good in life.”

AD: If you were a crayon what color would you be?
BJ: “Blue, because it’s my favorite color.”

AD: What is your motto?
BJ: “You can’t have too much fun…I just like to be happy and have fun!”

No comments: